Sparkling surfaces and pristine backdrops are at the heart of Walt Disney World® Resort and Disneyland® Resort. Our Custodial team takes delight in ensuring that the magic of Disney shines through for all of our Guests to enjoy as they visit this happy place. With a job as a Custodial Host or Hostess, Cast Members have the opportunity to work across a variety of locations, both indoors and outdoors, on-stage and backstage. Preserving the magic is the main priority of the Custodial team, it’s a big job, but one that helps ensure that the magic of Disney shines through for all of our Guests to see. Learn more about a career with Disney Theme Parks and Resorts in Custodial today!
AM\PM Custodial Part Time Aulani A Disney Resort & Spa
Location: Kapolei, HI
Housekeeping Custodial Cast Members play an important role our home-away-from-home experience for each of our Guests every day. Their work can make all the difference for our Guests experience. The Housekeeping Custodial role is responsible for cleaning and maintaining all hotel property. Custodial Cast Members are responsible for cleaning the Resort’s on stage and backstage locations including all interior and exterior public areas. Our Hotel Custodial Cast also clean Restaurants, Rest Rooms (Guest and Cast), pool area, lobby, meeting rooms, Spa and Utility/Support with Guest interaction. Graveyard responsibility also includes some guest room cleaning and room deliveries.
Job ID: 41601BR-2
- Restaurants – Carpet Vacuuming and shampooing, cleaning dry floor surfaces/mats
- Clean walls, doors, windows and ceilings
- Maintain Front of House Guest areas (clean windows, dusting, trash removal)
- Lobbies - Clean carpets, stairs ways and maintain floor surfaces (vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, buffing, polishing, shampooing)
- Cleans walls, doors, windows and ceilings in all the lobbies
- Clean up after guests
- Requires working with other departments to complete activities in a safe manner
- Includes the use of specialized floor cleaning (carpets and hard surface flooring)
- Restroom Locations (Guest and Cast) - Completely clean and disinfect all restroom fixtures and hard surfaces (urinals, toilets, mirrors, tiles, countertops)
- Clean and rinse floors and fixtures with disinfectants and hot water.
- Dry floor surfaces and fixtures.
- Clean walls, doors and ceilings in restrooms.
- Restock paper supplies and soap
- Back of House Locations - Clean and maintain off-stage support areas (offices, break rooms, restrooms, locker rooms)
- Apply restorative cleaning procedures to hard surface floors and carpets. Includes the use of various types of vacuums
- Use of specialized floor cleaning equipment (buffers and carpet cleaners) used to clean carpets and hard surface flooring.
- Clean windows and doors
- Area Wash down and Cleaning- Rinse/wash down all exterior Resort common walkways/hardscape areas and dry all exterior walkways and hardscape areas.
- Wash, hose and pressure wash building
- Clean windows and doors
- Pick up trash and empty trash/recycle containers
- Sweep and use specialized equipment to clean sidewalks and parking areas
- Carpet Care- clean carpets using heavy duty cleaning equipment (shampooers, extractors)
- Pool Area – Clean and maintain pool deck and furniture
- Clean up after guests
- Arrange and clean furniture (scrub and wipe down)
- Deliver and pick up pool towels
- Pick up trash, empty trash/recycle containers, food trays and utensils
- Sweep and hose pool deck
- Apply restorative cleaning procedures to hard surface floors
- Must use Personal Protective Equipment (boots, gloves, goggles), hand tools (mops, brooms), power equipment/tools
- Some roles require additional specialized training in both procedure and ergonomic principles
- Positive (able to remain positive regardless of current task)
- Proactive (immediately communicates concerns and reacts to situations)
- Understands importance of Safety in all aspects of work performance and personal accountability for safe behaviors
- Willing to get dirty and clean up others’ messes
- Receptive to special requests
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic about interacting and helping Guests and Cast
- Ability to drive small powered equipment (golf cart type vehicles, ride-on sweeper, etc)
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role
- Previous Leadership experience
- Ability to drive licensed vehicles (cars, trucks etc.)
- Previous experience in a hotel housekeeping environment
- Previous experience cleaning- office buildings, hospitals, restaurants, etc
- 3rd Shift, or Graveyard experience
- Knowledge of Hawaiian/Japanese language preferred
- Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays is preferred
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
Every day at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Segment, the job of the cast member is to help make guest’s dreams come true. More than 50 years ago, Walt Disney had a visionary new idea for family entertainment: a place where families can enjoy a fully-immersive atmosphere rich in detail. The secret to his success was placing the cast member at the center of everything. They’re the ambassadors of the brand, they bring the magic to life, and they truly are Disney.
Today, there are 11 Disney theme parks located in 5 of the world’s leading family vacation destinations. If you’re interested in building a career with the Disney Company, our enterprise includes ABC Television Studios, ESPN, Disney Cruise Line, and a host of other amazing, successful organizations. Could it be your job to make dreams come true? Could it be your job to make the magic happen? If you choose to build a career with Disney, yes it could.