Walt Disney World® Resort Jobs
Dreams. That's what you will find at the Walt Disney World® Resort. There are many guest service and entertainment roles in which our Cast Members bring Disney dreams to life. From our enchanted Theme Parks and world-class hotels to our spectacular shows and beloved character, Walt Disney World® Resort Cast Members have a world of opportunity, and take pride in turning dreams into realities.
Animal Programs Veterinary Medical Records Internship
Location: Lake Buena Vista, FL
Job ID: 163330BR-2
Animal Programs - Veterinary Medical Records Internship
Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
Disney World Resort -
Since its opening in 1971, the Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando, FL has grown to feature four theme parks – the Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. In addition, more than 20 themed resort hotels, two water parks, and the Downtown Disney Area, a daytime and nighttime entertainment complex, are part of the Walt Disney World Resort.
This Disney Professional Internship provides experience working in a busy veterinary hospital records area. The intern will be working with the Medical Records Team to maintain animal records, ensure data integrity, and provide support for the various Animal Care Teams. Interns will use skills and technology to collect, monitor and maintain medical data for the Department of Animal Health.
- File paper documents (lab work, clinical notes, treatment sheets, etc.) in the appropriate animals’ records.
- Create medical records for new animals.
- Archive inactive records(organizing, scanning, etc.).
- Enter data into various spreadsheets.
- Track lab results, consulting with outside labs when appropriate.
- Distribute communication regarding lab results.
- Travel to the Tri-Circle D Ranch® on a weekly basis to file and maintain records at that location.
- Share information about medical records with guests during "on-stage" Guest interaction session.
- Work on various projects, as requested, for the Animal Care Staff.
You must meet the basic qualification in order to apply for the internship:
- Minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0
- Junior, senior or recent college graduate
- Health Information Management, Veterinary Technician, Pre-Veterinary, Zoology or related major field of study
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to accurately handle detailed information
- Public speaking experience
- Written communication skills
- Minimum of six months of records and/or data management experience
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- Cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest
- College transcripts (official or unofficial)
To upload these documents:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “edit profile info”
- Click on the "Attachments" Tab
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcripts or Mickey_Mouse_CoverLetter)
- Select document type of “Other”
If you experience any difficulty with uploading documents, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated from college within the past six months OR be currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
You may be contacted after your application has been reviewed to turn in additional support materials. If you have any additional questions please email email@example.com.
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2014 through January 2015. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
The deadline to apply for this internship is February 28th, 2014.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description:
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed on February 28th, 2014.
Attention International Students:
If you are currently studying in the United States on an F-1 or J-1 Visa and do not have a Social Security number, please contact our office at 407-828-1736 PRIOR to applying.